DIN EN ISO 22000 Altonaer Wellpappenfabrik successfully certified
In March of this year, as the first plant in the Panther Group to do so, the Altonaer Wellpappenfabrik underwent not only an audit for hygiene certification in accordance with FEFCO GMP but also an audit to the DIN EN ISO 22000 standard. The management system for food safety defined in this EU standard has been successfully introduced and certification confirms implementation in line with internationally valid requirements. Adding to the HACCP standard which has been in place for a long time now, and repeated certification in accordance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), the Altonaer corrugated-board plant is focussing even more strongly on producing to the very highest safety and hygiene criteria.
The DIN EN ISO 22000* standard is a management system for food safety and defines the demands on organisations involved in the supply chain, that is to say all those who participate in bringing food into circulation. Food safety regulations refer to the existence of food hazards at the time of consumption. The control of health hazards throughout the whole supply chain is therefore a necessity.
Organisations active in the food chain range from primary producers to food manufacturing, transporting and storage companies, as well as to all sub-contractors in those sectors. This means that all organisations connected with those processes are also part of that chain, for example manufacturers of packaging.
The main elements of management-system requirements are:
- Interactive communication (this includes supplier assessment, supplier's corporate details, agreements with third-party companies, training)
- System management (manual with description of processes)
- Preventive programmes (risk analysis, preventive measures)
- HACCP principles (HACCP guidelines, determination of critical control points).
As a very high level of hygiene and cleanliness had already been reached at Altonaer Wellpappenfabrik, the additional step of introducing the DIN EN ISO 22000 standard was nothing less than a logical continuation of GMP, so that its further development posed no problems. The Good Manufacturing Practice measures prescribed in EU Directive 2023/2006 are generally aimed at manufacturing practice which ensures the highest degree of consumer safety. With the latest certification to DIN EN ISO 22000, the Panther Group has completed another step to safeguarding production at its present high level and therefore to thoroughly satisfying the requirements of clients from the food and semi-luxury goods industry.
* ISO 22000 is a standard in accordance with the worldwide valid ISO standard which came into force on 30 September 2005 and as a worldwide-valid management system for food safety is aimed at minimising the flood of standards. Private-industry standards with similar content are, for example, the IFS (International Food Standard) of the German and French Retail Association, the BRC from the British Retail Consortium, QßS, GlobalGAP, EFSIS, etc. All of these standards stipulate not only the statutorily prescribed HACCP concept but also a quality management system similar to that contained in the ISO 9001:2000 standard. The ISO 22000:2005 standard is based on the ISO 9001:2000 standard and supplements it in terms of HACCP and associated requirements.
- 968 KB
Erneut WorldStar für Display der Panther-Gruppe - Höchste Auszeichnung der Verpackungsindustrie für London Eye
Erneut SUPERSTAR für Panther-Gruppe - Ausgezeichnetes Display für einen Klassiker der Süßwarenmarken